Executive Director-Support Services, Indianapolis, IN
Executive Director-Support Services
Requisition Number: 237814
Responsible for providing leadership and direction for planning and delivering all general services at IUH in a way that provides high efficiency and quality service standards to patients and their families. Strategizes and directs optimized delivery standards for environmental services, waste & sustainability, patient transport, design & construction, non-clinical alignment, linen & laundry, room mock-ups, food services and clinical engineering that meets both corporate and local priority goals, are aligned with the overall operations activities, and adhere to all IUH policies & procedures. Accountable for driving excellent performance throughout the assigned areas. Excellent performance is being acknowledged as a leader in quality, clinical care, education and research by your peers. Acts as a partner of the organization leadership team and participates in the strategic planning and the attainment of goals for area of responsibility. Reports to the System Vice-President of Operations.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Requires Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Health Care Administration or related area; Masters Degree preferred.
- Requires knowledge of regulatory and accrediting body standards.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Requires strong communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees and management.
- Requires strong business and finance acumen.
- Requires at least ten years of leadership and management experience with at least five of those years in a hospital/healthcare setting.
- Requires at least five years? experience handling large design and construction projects.
- Requires a high level of interpersonal, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Requires ability to work across multiple business units and across the healthcare system., Requires well-developed administrative skills.
- Requires strong customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to facilitate and lead diverse work groups.
- Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires the ability to promote teamwork and build effective relationships.
- Requires the ability to take initiative and meet objectives.