Director Infection Prevention, Hazel Crest, IL
Director Infection Prevention - Multisite
City: Hazel Crest
Job ID: 98035
Facility: SUPPORT CENTERS
Department / Unit: Infection Control Department
Status-FTE: Full-Time - 1
The Multi-Site (MS) Director of Infection Prevention (IP) is a highly visible position within Advocate's hospitals and across the post-acute continuum that was created as a result of the executive management's desire to reduce and eliminate hospital acquired infections to patients, and mitigate increasing liability exposure by reducing clinical risk. Patient safety, including preventing infections is a top system priority both from a clinical outcomes and financial perspective, and the need to meet increasing national expectations.
This director will have responsibility for Advocate’s south region, including Advocate South Suburban Hospital (Hazel Crest), Advocate Trinity Hospital (Chicago), Advocate BroMenn Medical Center (Bloomington) and Advocate Eureka Hospital (Eureka), and is accountable for oversight of the IP operations. The MS IP Director will collaborate with the System Administrator to lead the implementation of the Advocate Infection Prevention strategic plan by providing a standardized approach to development and integration of the Infection Prevention programs. The relevant academic and healthcare experience background of this individual allows breadth and flexibility in addressing the large, complex clinical and teaching environment. This position will work closely with their home site's executive leadership team, site directors, managers as well as the front line, including the multi-specialty medical staff found at our larger hospitals. The MS Director of Infection Prevention will collaborate with the executive leadership teams of the smaller sites within their scope. The MS Director of Infection Prevention will collaborate with other key divisions within the organization, including Nursing, Quality, Employee Health, Environmental Services, Supply Chain, and IT to name a few. The site Infection Preventionist will report directly to the MS Director. Through this reporting relationship, the MS Director will be responsible for selection, hiring and ongoing mentoring of the IP's, as well as ensuring consistency of the IP program of the hospitals within their scope.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or allied health is required.
- Advanced degree in a health-related field OR enrolled in an advance degree program combined with relevant experience
- 4-5 years in a role focused on Infection Prevention PLUS 3-4 years in a leadership role
- Experience in use of analytical tools including root cause analysis, apparent cause analysis, FMEA and PDSA.
- Experience in project management and process improvement techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through influence and impact the culture of the organization
- Effective communication skills sufficient to interact with all levels of associates and medical staff, front line through executives
- Demonstrated self-directed, results-oriented and creative approach to organizational change
- Effective presentation skills in small and large group settings, internal and external to the organization
- Ability to succeed in responding to change and handling multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and analyze procedure and process changes
- Experience in group process and facilitation
- Information management skills, including data analysis, flowcharting, and report preparation
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC) Candidate must be willing to attend, onsite and offsite, department meetings and educational activities.
- Must be able to perform administrative director functions, participation in outside professional activities and maintain proficiency in department's software computer program.
- Able to travel to corporate and community functions as appropriate.