Director Pharmacy/Respiratory, Chicago, IL
Job ID: 92831
Facility: ILLINOIS MASONIC MEDICAL CENTER
Department / Unit: Pharmacy Administration
Status-FTE: Full-Time - 1
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
- Masters in Pharmacy Administration or Business Administration
- Pharmacy Practice Residency
- A minimum of 3 years experience as manager of pharmacy in a large, teaching institution, or 3 years as a director of pharmacy in a smaller institution
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a staff pharmacist
- General knowledge of computer applications
- Experience with written and oral presentations
- Understanding of a hospital environment
- Registered Pharmacist in Illinois
- Board Certification in Pharotherapy
- The position requires the individual to be flexible in their scheduling, to meet the needs of the institution and system.
- The position requires the individual to be fairly mobile, to attend multiple meetings in and outside of the hospital, as well as within Chicago and out of town.
- The position requires the individual to act and make decisions in emergency situations.
- The position requires good interpersonal skills in order to effectively work with others.
- There is potential of exposure of toxic drugs or patients with multiple disease states.
- By virtue of its nature the job is highly stressful.
The Director of Pharmacy and Respiratory Care Services is responsible for the overall operation of the departments to ensure that quality pharmaceutical and respiratory care services are provided to patients, in accordance with Advocate's mission and values. These services must comply with local, state and federal regulations or guidelines.
This position is critical in management of the 340 B program, strategic plan and operational direction for medication management of the criticos cancer center, infusion center and anti~coagulation clinic.
- Sets the direction for the departments and prepares strategic and tactical plans aligned with both AHC and AIMMC strategies.
- Responsible for managing the departments, keeping in compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees the education and research that occurs in the departments or with other health care disciplines.
- Responsible for providing quality pharmaceutical and respiratory care services to patients at AdvocateI llinois Masonic Medical Center. Responsible for leading the PT and T committee in collobroation with Medical Staff leadership
- Keeps up to date on new developments in health care, pharmacy and respiratory care. Evaluates ways the departments should change to address these new developments. Provides input to the institution on changes that may effect them.
- Responsible for the financial operations of the departments. Leads the strategic planning to ensure progressive improvment in the delivery of services improves quality outcomes and cost position
- Represents the department and pharmacy and the department of respiratory care at a variety of meetings.
- Responsible for maintaining well trained individuals to provide quality pharmacy and respiratory care services at AIMMC.
- Responsible for overseeing select activities that provide pharmaceutical care to the service area including AMG, Criticos Cancer Center, Infusion Center and Pain Center.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.