Pharmacist, Yakima, WA
Yakima Medical-Dental Clinic
Are you looking for an organization where your contributions make a difference in the lives of others? Do you want to advance your pharmacist career and keep a work-life balance at the same time?
What we're looking for:
- A high-functioning pharmacist who likes to combine participating in clinical programs with staffing a busy retail pharmacy
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, team-centered environment
- An innovative thinker who adapts quickly to the dynamic health care environment and patients' needs
What you'll do:
- Assist the Pharmacist Manager in the operation of the clinic pharmacy
- Verify prescriptions, perform drug utilization reviews, and provide excellent patient counseling on all appropriate prescriptions
- Collaborate with clinic providers to ensure optimal therapy
- Deliver comprehensive patient-centered care in the pharmacist-run coagulation clinic - collecting INRs, determining dose adjustments, therapy changes, ordering labs, etc.
- Serve as a preceptor to both pharmacy students and technicians as needed for training and position advancement
What we offer you:
- An outstanding benefits package that includes $0 premium for comprehensive medical/dental/vision coverage, paid continuing education, state license fees and malpractice insurance, profit sharing and 403 (b) retirement plans, generous paid time off - starting with 20 days + paid holidays, long term disability, and more.
- Relocation assistance available
- 8-hour work days, Monday - Friday only, 9:00am - 6:00pm
What do you need?
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent.
- Current Washington State Pharmacist's license.
- Your community (ambulatory) pharmacy experience is a plus, as well as experience with clinical programs.
- Experience and knowledge of ordering, inventory and cost management activities.
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
WORKING AT YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.