Division Manager - Mental Health, Fresno, CA
Job Title: DIVISION MANAGER - MENTAL HEALTH
Opening Date/Time: Tue. 04/24/18 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 05/08/18 4:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Behavioral Health
ANNUAL SALARY: $103,755+ DOQ
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
The Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health is offering a rewarding and challenging opportunity for individuals interested in the position of Division Manager - Mental Health. A Division Manager - Mental Health plans, directs, and manages the day-to-day operations related to behavioral health programs and activities. Responsibilities include coordinating program services with other behavioral health service areas to meet client needs; developing, implementing, and evaluating goals, policies, and procedures; managing the budget; supervising, and developing subordinate staff.
Note: The current vacancy exists in the Adult Systems of Care division. However, the eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill vacancies in other divisions as they occur.
Positions in this classification are in MEDICAL GROUP I - Light Physical Activity (Personnel Rule 8). This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Samples of Duties:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Note: The minimum qualifications for this recruitment are limited to candidates possessing experience and licensure related to the specific vacant position:
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system.
Experience: Three (3) years of full-time, paid supervisory experience over professional staff. Your application must clearly identify supervisory experience over professional staff.
Substitution: Possession of a master's degree that is acceptable within the United States' accredited college or university system may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience.
License: Valid State of California license as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Registered Nurse, Professional Clinical Counselor or Psychologist.
Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent, may be required.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE:
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- This position requires possession of a valid California Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, Registered Nurse, Professional Clinical Counselor or Psychologist license. Please provide your applicable license number on your application. Failure to list this information will result in the disqualification of your application.
- Please fully list your education/work experience; including current position. Failure to list current, complete and accurate education/work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
- If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted. Documentation must be provided by the closing date and time of this recruitment. You may either attach a copy to your application; fax a copy to (559) 455-4788, Attn: Brittney Watson; or hand deliver a copy to our office.
Depending on the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for the process listed below:
- Oral Examination - An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list, effective for a minimum of 3 months (may be extended up to an additional 12 months), and certified in final rank order as vacancies occur.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current and complete, amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Supplemental Questionnaire.
Applications must be submitted online only via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment. Applications submitted via U.S. mail, in person, email or fax will not be accepted. Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for this recruitment must be submitted online only. The online application may be found at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/fresnoca.
Open Job Information Flyer and click "Apply" to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions will result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing deadline has passed, you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to: https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/fresnoca
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. mail from Human Resources are not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
The County of Fresno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, generic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contact Human Resources at (559) 600-1830 at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Analyst: Brittney Watson