Leaves of Absence/Workers Compensation Administrator, Kirkland, WA
Responsible for administering leaves of absence, workers' compensation claims, reasonable accommodation requests, modified light duty program, and return-to-work processes. Ensures leaves of absences are handled in an equitable and consistent manner under EvergreenHealth's policies and according to governing state and federal laws, within EvergreenHealth's processes and systems. Coordinates with managers, employees, third party claims representatives, other Human Resources staff, vocational rehabilitation counselors, and others to achieve effective and efficient claim/leave processing.
Provides information, legal and policy interpretation, recommendations and claim status communications to employees and managers. Manages bi-weekly timecards for employees on leaves of absence to ensure proper tracking and compensation. Performs vendor management duties overseeing third party claims administration. May manage significant claims/leaves in coordination with HR Business Partners. Participates in organization’s daily safety and service huddle process. Works with the Director of Employee and Labor Relations, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Environment of Care Committee, Accident Prevention Committee, and others to improve the safety of the work environment and limit the frequency, severity and cost of on-the-job injuries within the organization. EvergreenHealth's third-party administrator for leaves of absence and Worker's Compensation is Matrix Absence Management.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related relevant field, or equivalent education/experience
- Experience working in Human Resources
- Experience working with State and Federal leave laws/requirements and Workers’ Compensation claims administration
- Strong interpersonal skills working across all levels of the organization
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail while managing multiple complex projects and priorities to successfully meet deadlines
DESIRED for the position:
- Experience with Human Resource Information Systems, preferably PeopleSoft, and time and attendance systems, preferably LaborWorkx
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and/or Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification