Director Volunteer & Ancillary Services, Seattle, WA
Director Volunteer & Ancillary Services
Management | Fulltime - Regular | Seattle, WA, US | 40 hours per week
Job Number: 172830
Department: Patient Relations
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. variable
Honored as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason in Seattle, WA, is internationally recognized as a preeminent organization that is focused on transforming health care. True to that vision, we spent this past decade creating and delivering a multitude of innovations. The results? Industry-changing process improvements and initiatives that have revolutionized our ability to eliminate waste, cut costs, and most importantly, improve the quality of services. Our commitment to Team Medicine and the transformation of health care is what built our reputation as a quality leader, and empowers us with the capability to provide rapid access to care through our Virginia Mason Production System.
As a key member of our leadership team, you will help to continually develop the results-driven initiatives that define our success and are transforming healthcare.
This position will lead strategic and operational efforts to grow volunteerism at Virginia Mason Medical Center. This includes bringing together general volunteer roles with patient and family partnership as well as identifying additional opportunities that leverage talents and desires of volunteers in the community with the needs of the patients, families and team members of our health care system. This is a strategic position that will design, develop and grow a volunteer services division that supports the vision to be the quality leader and transform health care.
This position directs the daily operations and leads the strategic programs and initiatives for volunteer services at Virginia Mason Medical Center. Specific to each function:
Volunteer services: Leads the program in designing, planning, developing, managing and evaluating all programs and services. Ensures resources and services further the organization’s objectives.
Patient and Family Partnerships: Supports the PFP program in designing, planning, developing, managing and evaluating programs and services. Ensures stewardship through continuous development of service assignments across the medical center. Identifies strategic opportunities to expand and grow the organization’s partnership opportunities with patients and families.
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business or related field.
- 7 + years of related experience required (volunteer programs, community benefit, customer service)
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience including project management, department management and patient experience
- Must complete VMPS certification within 2 years of being in position.
- MS Office product knowledge required (competent in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software).
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills, including ability to present findings and recommendations also required.
- Ability to work with wide range of people and personalities. Ability to work with executives.
- Works independently with little guidance. Has initiative. Ability to facilitate groups, stay calm, problem solve and reach consensus.
- Ability to think creatively. Understands the basic business of healthcare. Collaborates with a wide variety of stakeholders internally and externally. Must be able to manage systems.
- Ability to develop training and coaching tools.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present findings and recommendations also required.
- Ability to apply good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management methods and tools also preferred.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of VMMC systems, methods and sensitivities preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in lean concepts and methods also preferred.
- Clinical experience preferred.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.