Controller, Bend, OR
Mosaic Medical prides itself on being an innovative health system that pioneers unique and creative ways to provide and improve patient access to health care. Since our founding in 2002 we have proudly served insured and uninsured patients regardless of age, ethnicity, or income.
We focus on a holistic approach to patient care by incorporating behavioral health, pharmacy, and nutrition support to serve patients in the most meaningful way. At Mosaic Medical, you will work with incredibly dedicated and mission-centered peers and be part of a dynamic team based environment.
Mosaic Medical offers more than just a job, it is a lifestyle. A lifestyle of serving others. A lifestyle of being an integral part of your community. A lifestyle that offers work/life balance. A lifestyle of enjoying the outdoors! Central Oregon offers over 300 days of sunshine a year, so enjoy a PTO day on the mountain, biking/hiking trails, or the river! A lifestyle that improves lives, including yours. Of course, we also offer a great benefit package!
The Controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records and comprehensive set of internal controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory standards.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of financial accounting policies and procedures; advise on and monitor internal controls organization wide
- Oversee all financial, project/program, and grant accounting and reporting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; analyze and prepare financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants
- Manage the development of accurate, timely and complete financial statements and regulatory reports; including UDS, BPR, Medicare Cost Reports, FTCA, and HRSA EHB reporting.
- Hire, train and develop staff.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Conduct reviews of proposed contracts and agreements to ensure Regulatory and Financial requirements are met
Skills & Knowledge
Strong working knowledge of generally accepting accounting principles (GAAP), and federal regulations. Computer applications related to accounting, budgeting and reimbursement functions. Skill and ability to analyze data and present ideas and information clearly, both orally and in writing. Ability to manage multiple tasks, work independently and as an effective team member, use good judgment, and make timely decisions. Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with co-workers and function as a team member. Can demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills. Can demonstrate strong organizational skills and effective use of time.