Health Data Analyst, South San Francisco, CA
Health Data Analyst
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Health Data Analyst to Plan and evaluate activities through the design and development of data/reports and the analysis and interpretation of data. This includes the development of database tools and analysis to produce data support for various company-wide programs and activities.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and maintain databases for use in data analysis and tracking.
- Perform data cleaning, loading, extraction, processing, storage and manipulation.
- Build and maintain program source code written by self and others.
- Perform validation procedures to ensure data quality.
- Maintain detailed documentation of programming and analyses.
- Produce tables, graphs, and charts for reports and presentations.
- Communicate project results to managers and various users.
- Design and develop relational databases for collecting data and create data collection screens.
- Participate in decisions regarding study design, data collection, and data analysis.
- Analyze data with statistical methods.
- Interpret results and provide written summaries of analyses.
- Support other information and data needs and assist in developing technical solutions.
- Backup EDI analyst in job duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics or similar field. Two (2) years work experience in DB reporting data analysis and programming. Solid experience with SQL and DB design and maintenance with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above is required. Microsoft Visual Studio 2012, VB Net or C# Language , Microsoft SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Microsoft Access, VBA, Python 3.5, and Crystal Reports is desirable. Experience in interpreting and reporting results of analysis, data processing and management, HIPAA EDI, and the use of health data codes.
Knowledge of: Basic statistical concepts, models, and procedures. Medi-Cal and/or Medicare programs highly preferred. Knowledge in ETL or ELTconcepts and technique is a plus. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Analyze data and create reports/data extractions. Organize work, manage time, and meet deadlines. Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing. Work under deadlines; manage multiple job requests simultaneously. Communicate effectively and provide a high standard of customer service. Thoroughly document work. Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks. Translate user needs to program functional specifications. Communicate and work with users having a wide range of computer skill levels. Problem-solve and consider the entire solution. Work independently as well as part of a team; support team decisions. Effectively interact with internal and external contacts.
Starting Compensation Range: - Depends on Experience
Benefits Information:Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more. Check out our full benefits package at: https://www.hpsm.org/abouthpsm/employment-opportunities.aspx (Under Employee Benefits Tab)
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: email@example.com or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE
Submissions without a Cover Letter and Salary Expectations may not be considered.