Care Coordination Family Specialist, South San Francisco, CA
CARE COORDINATION FAMILY SPECIALIST
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Care Coordination Family Specialist to Serves as a member/family liaison, providing assistance with care management for HPSM members. Primary focus is responding to care coordination and case management requests, data entry of medical records, maintenance of tracking census and reports, and implementation of treatment plans by linking member/family to appropriate clinical and social services. Coordinate clinical care across the different disciplines and settings, contacting members/families after hospitalizations and emergency room visits to ensure that appropriate follow-up has been arranged and making sure the member and his/her care givers understand the follow-up plan of care. The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Handle requests for care coordination, assessing the request, the member’s needs, and facilitating appropriate interventions and follow up.
- Administer CCS Pediatric Welcome Assessment to members/families as needed.
- Prepare care plans for members for presentation at interdisciplinary team meetings. Work with members/families and/or providers to encourage participation in interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Assist members/families with appointments for specialists, educational classes, and transportation.
- Work with healthcare providers to coordinate and share plans of treatment.
- Perform data entry of medical information; maintain census tracking and reports.
- Assist Public Health Nurse Care Coordinators and staff to coordinate members’ appointments, equipment, social services, and home health needs.
- Provide information and refer clients to appropriate social services agencies; research community resources for clients; work closely with other County staff to coordinate various functions of outreach and referrals.
- Assist Members/Families in a wide variety of daily living activities, such as completing applications and forms, providing transportation, budgeting, and navigating support service systems.
- Organize and coordinate workshops, meetings, or sessions for individuals and groups in the community involved in specific programs.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, periodic and special reports, informational publications, program documentation, policies, procedures and other written materials.
- Assist staff in developing strategy for conducting and maintaining effective relationships with the community; interpret community needs and cultural patterns to professional staff members.
- Conduct home and field visits to assess and monitor client needs and ensure adherence to individual care plans.Participate in team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED required. College level courses in health care, a plus. One year of managed care experience preferably in Care Coordination. Experience working with the health needs of the population served. Experience as a Medical assistant or Licensed Vocational Nurse is a plus. At least one year of direct Care Coordination experience
Knowledge of: Care management, Medi-Cal, and Medicare benefits as well as the complexities of working with the pediatric and disabled population. Community resources. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Work cooperatively with others. Work as part of a team and support team decisions.
Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks
Starting Compensation Range: Between $23.09/hour - $31.75/hour– depending on experience.
Other: ***Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin and/or Cantonese)Tagalog, and Spanish is highly preferred for this position.***
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more. Check out our full benefits package at: https://www.hpsm.org/abouthpsm/employment-opportunities.aspx (Under Employee Benefits Tab)
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE