Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer, Los Angeles, CA
CHIEF COMPLIANCE & PRIVACY OFFICER
PROSPECT MEDICAL HOLDINGS
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
The Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer will be a member of Prospect’s Corporate Leadership team with responsibility for the implementation of Prospect’s Compliance program for the entire health system. The Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer position provides leadership to each of Prospect’s markets for ethics, compliance and privacy matters and directly supervises additional Compliance Officers located in each of those markets. In a transformative phase, the Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer is needed to further develop the effectiveness of the Compliance program to serve the needs of a growing organization with a unique health care delivery model. It is critical that this leader establish him/herself as a visible, approachable individual who is a transparent, proactive and an effective communicator. The Chief Compliance & Privacy Officer will play a critical role in proactively developing and optimizing relationships and performance throughout the organization (across all operating segments) while building upon the culture that actively seeks input from compliance to further optimize the Company’s day-to-day operations.
- A Bachelor’s degree required.
- A Master’s degree and/or JD is preferred.
- Certification in healthcare compliance (CHC, CHC-F, CHRC and/or CCEP) is preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in healthcare compliance, preferably for a large, multi-faceted for-profit healthcare organization.
- The successful candidate will be recognized for demonstrated knowledge in compliance process improvement and the requirements of state and federal healthcare programs.
- Relevant experience may include past clinical, legal, auditing or other compliance experience within a for-profit company with multiple segments in multiple regions.
- Prior executive level management experience preferred.
- Skilled in use or working knowledge of information systems, databases.
- Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Strong leadership skills; a leader who is able to guide and motivate the talents of all team members
- Professional presence and demeanor.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a matrixed environment, and with all levels of company management.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively, display traits of sound measured judgment, emotional maturity, integrity, confidentiality and discretion in communicating with all levels in the company.
- Ability to respond effectively under pressure and successfully manage diverse and demanding work load.
- Strong working knowledge of all major substantive health care areas.
- Strong track record of handling a variety of compliance issues and investigations.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in drafting and developing organizational policies and procedures.
- Strong working knowledge of performing auditing and monitoring of system level compliance issues.
- Proven track record of effectively working with government agencies on a variety of compliance issues.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively review physician ownership, investment and compensation arrangements, including compliance with federal and state Anti-kickback, Stark and related laws.
- Intellectually curious and able to quickly pick up new areas within compliance.
- Strong project management skills and ability to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations.
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and a high degree of perseverance and energy.
- A team player and a good listener who truly values the input of others and their contributions, and positively responds to such input.
- Problem solver mentality; ability to creatively come up with appropriate solutions.
- Some travel to Company’s six state regions.
Prospect Medical Holdings (“Prospect”) is an innovative healthcare services company that owns and operates 20 hospital facilities, with approximately 3,762 licensed beds, as well as clinics and outpatient centers, and approximately 20,000 employees. Prospect also manages the provision of healthcare services for members enrolled in its networks. Prospect’s hospitals are located in diverse, high-density population areas within markets in California, Texas, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.
Please send resume to Executive.Recruitment@prospectmedical.com