Family Practice Physicians, San Jose, CA
The Indian Health Center is a federally qualified service of Santa Clara Valley. We are located in San Jose, California and is a 501(c)3, non-profit, Urban Indian Health Center.
Our mission is to help ensure the survival and healing of American Indians/Alaskan Natives AND our community by providing high quality, comprehensive health care and wellness services.
We will achieve or mission and purpose for our community by:
- Providing Holistic Services
- Educating and empowering
- Enhancing quality of life
- Providing accessibility to comprehensive and culturally competent care
We provide a full range of primary care and illness prevention services. We focus on holistic services.
We are seeking Medical Family Practice Physicians to join our team!
The Medical Family Practice Physician Provides primary care in a Family Practice clinic setting for the Indian Health Center of Santa Clara Valley (IHC). Ambulatory services only, no E.R., in-patient or on-call required. The IHC is a Patient Centered Health Home and all employees are an integral part of this model of care delivery.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides primary care to children & adults, with emphasis on healing maintenance & preventive care
- Provides routine prenatal care
- Performs charting
- Assists in the IHC’s chronic disease and health management programs
- Provides family planning and women’s health services
- Provides care to adolescents
- Plans, develops and implements a health education program for patients
- Provides instruction and training to medical staff
- Assists in conducting Quality Assurance reviews
- Performs other duties that may be required to insure the effective operation of the clinic
- Maintain strictest client confidentiality, except when mandated reporting is required
- Possession of a Medical Doctor degree or D.O. degree
- One year of clinical experience in a clinic environment
- Hold & maintain current, valid & unrestricted professional license to practice in the State of CA
- Hold and maintain current, valid and unrestricted federal and state registrations to prescribe and dispense controlled substances (DEA license)
- Must be insurable for liability as a General Practitioner
- Current knowledge and skills in pediatric and adult primary care and ambulatory OB/GYN
- A strong commitment to care for an under-served population
- Experience in providing care for multi-cultural populations
- Knowledge of & ability to relate to the American Indian community and other minority populations
- Bilingual preferred
- Interest in QI / QA projects
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position and whether the position is full-time, part-time, or on-call. Contact us for more information on the specific benefits offered. Some of the most popular benefits include:
- Company Health Insurance Benefits – 90% Employer Paid
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- 401k Match
- Continuing Education (Including Loan Repayment Program through National Health Services Corp)
- Employee Assistance
- Leave for the Care of Family Members
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Wellness Program
To be part of our cutting edge healthcare services and growing HR team, please visit our website at www.IndianHealthCenter.org. Go to our “Get Involved” tab, “Careers” link.