Deputy Chief of Quality and Risk Management, Fresno, CA
Deputy Chief of Quality and Risk Management
Clinica Sierra Vista currently operates comprehensive primary care community health centers in the rural and urban areas of Kern, Fresno, and Inyo Counties, located in California, encompassing several thousand square miles of farm land, desert, and mountain areas. Community health centers provide comprehensive primary and preventative health care, including medical, dental and behavioral health services, in areas where access to health care has historically been inadequate. Additionally, we operate multiple health education, prevention and case management programs providing a comprehensive array of health and human services. We serve primarily the low-income and uninsured population, including migrant farm workers, the homeless, and other special populations
The Deputy Chief of Quality and Risk Management is responsible for assisting organization’s process for implementation of Quality Improvement and Risk Management activities. This may include acting as initial contact, maintaining and updating data regarding incident reports for customer service/complaints, ensuring compliance with policy, procedures and protocols; and communicates them to staff and patients; as well as, assisting with scheduling medical reviews, and medical chart audits.
- Assists with the organization’s process for implementation of Quality Improvement and Risk Management activities.
- Assists with scheduling medical reviews, and medical chart audits.
- Designs and provides staff development activities to meet quality standards.
- Provides technical and clinical support to the Quality Department.
- Assists other management staff in developing Plans of Correction for improvement processes.
- Ensure compliance with policy, procedures and protocols; and commutes them to staff and patients.
- Participates in the proper handling of all patient complaints and incident reports with tracking and follow up needed.
- Coordinates and investigates any potential or actual malpractice issues.
- Facilitates the proper handling of all claims/suits brought against the clinic.
- Provides other administrative support as required.
- Assists with the development of assessment activities and tools to track, analyze, and present outcome measures, process improvement activities, program performance.
- Assists with quarterly data and summary reports
- Maintains and updates data regarding incident reports and complaints.
- Provides reports and data summaries relevant to performance improvement activities.
- Acts as initial contact for customer service/complaints.
- Troubleshoots issues appropriately via verbal and written communication in response to internal and external customers. Maintains a high level of satisfaction.
- Maintains and analyzes Clarity database for complaints, incident reports and subpoenas.
- Performs database queries and reports to support department and work flow.
- Identifies and responds to issues and concerns.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Prioritization of projects depending on time constraints.
- Knowledge and understanding of JC accreditation standards, NCQA, Title 22, and State/Federal regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of use of technical measurement instruments.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Skill in organizing work to achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to work well with others in a professional and team oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly in English (verbal and written).
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex data and prepare summary reports.
- High level of mathematics a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing or two (2) years increasingly responsible management experience in Quality Management, Utilization Review, Risk Management, and Staff Development.
- Current RN license.
- Demonstrated organizational, management, supervisory, and teaching skills in a health care delivery organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel, and Word.
- Confidentiality required.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto insurance, and personal transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Language - Spanish Novice
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Associates or better in Nursing.
- Bachelors or better in Nursing.
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Nurse