Communications Manager, Washington, DC or Los Angeles, CA
Summary: CAPG, a national professional association representing physician groups, is hiring a Communications Manager. This position will have responsibility for the organization’s marketing, communications, and media initiatives. This individual will have responsibility for designing and implementing the organization’s marketing strategy, including preparing advertising materials (including emails and brochures) for CAPG conferences and events, and distributing them via email and other media to appropriate audiences. The Communications Manager will also write, edit, and produce media, including press releases, statements, blog posts, and social media content, and a range of publications. A successful candidate will also cultivate and nurture relationships with the press. The Communications Manager will report to the Vice President of Federal Affairs in DC or Director of Member Services in Los Angeles depending upon which office they are assigned to.
- Implement CAPG marketing activities related to conferences, webinars, and committee meetings, including e-blasts, brochures, and other content;
- Create and manage social media marketing campaigns, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn;
- Participate in developing strategy and new tools for advertising CAPG meetings and events;
- Use Google Analytics and other analytical tools to assess and improve CAPG marketing strategies;
- Facilitate production and distribution of CAPG publications, including CAPG Health Magazine, Annual Report, Case Studies, and others;
- Prepare content, coordinate, and edit/review submissions for CAPG publications;
- Coordinate responses to incoming media inquiries;
- Nurture and grow CAPG press list;
- Build and develop relationships with CAPG member media departments;
- Manage CAPG PR/Marketing committee;
- Work with external graphic design, writing, and print vendors
- Maintain and regularly update CAPG website;
- Help grow and maintain databases for communication and advertising to CAPG members, partners, and contacts;
- Staff CAPG Annual Meeting, Colloquium, and other meetings as needed;
- Assist with new member recruitment activities as requested.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and oral communication skills;
- Self-starter who can work in a fast-paced office environment, with minimal supervision;
- Understanding of traditional and new media cycles and processes;
- Experience working directly and effectively with media both on the record and background;
- Effective team player;
- Demonstrated ability to understand health policy issues.
- Proficiency and experience with PowerPoint, Excel, social website content management systems, basic HTML, social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, HootSuite or other scheduling platform), Photoshop, and analytics tools. Ability to swiftly learn and use customer relations management tools and association communications database technology.
Three to five years’ experience serving in a communications and/or marketing position. Knowledge of healthcare policy and politics. Knowledge of managed care and the delegated model with demonstrated ability to pitch that model of care.
Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
Travel to CAPG meetings as needed.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: