Diagnostic Imaging Manager, Seattle, WA
Requisition Number 17-0448
Post Date 6/22/2017
Title Diagnostic Imaging Manager
Hours: Full Time; Monday - Friday; 8:00 - 5:00
Location: The Polyclinic 1145 Broadway
To work with administration, physicians, and staff to develop and implement policies and procedures regarding Diagnostic Imaging in a manner consistent with the clinic's mission and values. This position is responsible for the overall management of imaging modalities, reception, scheduling, related meetings, imaging records and information systems (PACS/RIS).
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge of community standards related to diagnostic imaging quality assurance.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, peers and direct reports.
- Oversees daily clinical activity and coordination of patient/employee ratios.
- Maintains daily operation of the Diagnostic Imaging Center
- Strictly follows all FDA, Medicare and Washington State laws regarding imaging.
- Oversees QA personnel and their job functions to insure accuracy in reporting.
- Maintains current Policy and Procedures manuals
- Aids in development of new procedures and policies.
- Monitors staffing grid to institute low census policies when possible.
- Monitors staffing to limit overtime when necessary
- Insures thoroughness and safety of examination while setting priority of clinical need.
- Maintains examination schedule in the most productive manner with a balance of clinical responsibility shared between staff.
- Delegates special work assignments when volumes allow.
- Insures and records completeness of required documents of licensure, certification and registration as related to section.
- Coordinates repair and maintenance of equipment through manager/supervisor in a manner not to insult patient care, productivity or after-hours work if possible.
- Confers with Director of Imaging on a regular basis for discussion of productivity, budget status and overall direction of responsibility. Immediately communicates all exceptions to department policies.
- Develops vacation/attendance schedule for approval
- Attends and actively participates in required meetings.
- Communicates on regular basis with radiologists on the best approach to tailor examination to clinical need.
- Provides employees performance reviews
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the RIS, PACS and Ordering system
- Understands and is capable of working reports from the business office that pertain to charges for exams, and procedures performed in Diagnostic Imaging
- Provide ongoing support and supervision for staff including coaching, motivating, evaluating, and disciplining.
- Work with Human Resource to recruit and hire the most qualified candidates for positions.
- Communicate, implement, and follow Human Resources policies and procedures within areas of responsibility.
- Consult with Human Resources regarding terminations, disciplinary actions, and sensitive employee issues.
- Assure that each new employee completes an orientation and that the employee performs the required duties of his/her job effectively and efficiently.
- Review and approves time sheets for payroll.
- Identify training needs of individuals and of groups of staff and ensure they are met.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of Diagnostic Imaging operations.
Budget and Financial Performance
- Participate with the Director of Imaging in budget development and monitoring as they relate to Diagnostic Imaging
- Meet or exceed budgetary and financial goals.
- Act as a problem solving and decision making resource to staff.
- Assist in providing direction to the Diagnostic Imaging Department in supporting the organization’s mission, vision, values and goals.
- Provide support to staff and physicians during periods of change.
- Act as a role model in providing customer- based service.
- Work to maintain high morale and job satisfaction among staff.
- Practice positive communication skills with physicians, staff, and other internal and external customers.
- Work with Director of Imaging to assume project leadership on Diagnostic Imaging department strategic initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: B.S. degree required
Certification/Licensure: ARRT licensure and certification in one area of DI
Experience: Three to five years experience as a Radiology Technologist. One to two years lead, supervisory, or management experience required.