Executive Director, San Francsico, CA
Maitri Seeking Executive Director for Residential Care Facility of Vulnerable Populations
Serving as a place of solace and complex care for some of our most vulnerable, Maitri, a non-profit 24-hour care facility serving those with HIV/AIDS in San Francisco since 1987, is seeking a full-time Executive Director.
In this 15-bed facility, skilled professionals and dedicated volunteers offer nursing and personal care as well as emotional and spiritual resources to help meet the special needs associated with HIV-related illness. With an emphasis on end-of-life and complex respite care. Maitri is the last remaining HIV/AIDS-specific hospice in the country. For more information see www.maitrisf.org
At this important time in the changing landscape of HIV/AIDS care and Maitri's role as a residential facility, we seek a leader who embraces our mission, and guides Maitri with broad, innovative thinking in the management and evolution of our care model, community relations, and organizational management. At the same time, the new Executive Director will ideally assist the board in exploring new strategic opportunities that leverage Maitri's core competencies and ensure Maitri's long-term sustainability. We are particularly seeking a candidate who is familiar with working with relevant City and County of San Francisco agencies and/or foundations operating in the HIV/AIDS and/or end of life sector.
The ideal candidate will possess five or more years of experience as an Executive Director, or in leading the finance or development arm of a complex organization. A graduate degree in human services, public/business administration, nonprofit management, or a closely related field is preferred, but not mandatory.
The Executive Director is a full time, salaried position and will serve at the direction of the Maitri Board of Directors. Duties of this position include:
- Embrace Maitri's mission and develop a vision that leverages Maitri's past with strategic opportunities for the future.
- Develop and execute a funding plan that includes lease of Maitri's rental commercial space, government support, and community philanthropy.
- Develop and manage collaborative relationships with industry and government partners.
- Perform community outreach to gain support.
- Oversee financial management to plan, prepare and track the annual budget as well as manage cash flow and financial reporting.
- Conceptualize and supervise innovative and timely development strategies.
- Cultivate relationships with donors, foundations and corporations.
- Oversee program evaluation with partner organizations.
- Hire, motivate, develop and supervise department heads and office staff.
- Establish partnership with board of directors and act as board-staff liaison.
- Collaborate with the Board on strategic plan implementation.
- Demonstrated commitment to nonprofit development and a track record of leadership in conceiving, implementing and achieving goals.
- Experience in budgeting and financial statement analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Please submit resume and a letter of interest focusing on qualifications and suitability for serving the Maitri mission by August 15, 2017 to MaitriCareers@gmail.com.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications.
- Maitri is a nonprofit, equal opportunity employer that encourages and seeks applications from diverse applicants.
- Please do not contact Maitri directly about this position.
Americans with Disability specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
During the workday sits at a desk up to 50% of the time, which includes typing on a computer/mouse and talking on the phone. Position requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching up to shoulder height, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 40 lbs., fine finger manipulation, gross manipulation, simple/power grasp, repetitive hand/arm use; ability to walk one-quarter mile, ability to climb two flights of stairs, have adequate vision to view computer monitor.
While this position is not directly involved in performing tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues, the work site does involve such activities performed by others. As such, all employees must use Universal Precautions. Maitri will provide the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, if/when needed. All employees are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis B vaccination series.