Chief Medical Officer, Sacramento, CA
Cares Community Health has an immediate opening for a full time Chief Medical Officer. The Chief Medical Officer is responsible for the overall provision of quality medical services to Cares Community Health patients. S/he is responsible for compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies pertaining to medical practice, clinic operations and licensing. S/he is also responsible for coordination of medical services with other clinic operations and coordinates medical systems decisions and services with the Chief Medical Officer.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of Quality Improvement Programs for the medical department at Cares Community Health. Provides oversight, supervision, and guidance to the Medical Department CQI coordinator. This position functions as a member of the care team and as such actively collaborates with other clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure care is proactive and coordinated among care providers and care settings. This collaboration includes attendance at daily team huddles, care conferences and training, communication processes including the electronic health record and effective patient communication.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Standards of Care and policies for the Medical Clinic, including medical staff, nursing. Provides medical guidance to the Practice Manager in the development of policies pertaining to patient care in reception and medical records. Develops and supervises the implementation of medical clinic policies to ensure appropriate medical follow-up of patients and medical specialty referrals.
- Maintains medical operations in compliance with applicable state and local laws, regulations and policies. Develops, implements and monitors systems for compliance as necessary. Provides necessary and timely communication to the Chief of Infectious Diseases and the Chief Executive Officer, when issues of compliance arise, and develops and implements a corrective strategy.
- Provides medical guidance and supervision to the Cares Community Health Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacist, Registered Dietician, Dentist and Psychiatrist.
Education/ Experience Required:
- Must be fully licensed to practice in the state of California, who is board certified or eligible in a Primary Care discipline.
- Possess a DEA certificate.
- Possess a physician assistant supervision certificate.
- Experience as an effective leader in previous progressive leadership positions in a healthcare setting required.
- Preferred experience in FQHC or primary care practice.
- Effective communication skills, including but not limited to:
- Ability to read and write effectively, in English, within the business context, and to compose correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before patients or employees of the organization
- Ability to tactfully, confidentially, and professionally handle all manner of patient communications
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in handling all functions of the position.
- Ability to prioritize assignments.
- Personal composure and flexibility so as to successfully perform all functions of the position in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary setting.
- Licenses required for this position must be kept current, valid, and in good standing with the presiding entity.
To learn more and apply visit https://carescommunityhealth.applicantpro.com/jobs/