Manager Employment, Hammond, IN
WHAT WE NEED
Employee Retention Leader
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our Human Resources team works with employees to improve productivity, quality and effectiveness – and ultimately to help employees grow. From monitoring recruitment and retention data to directly interviewing employees, this job has a great mix of both reporting and people. Employment services is a broad term, but one with lots of potential and variety. Interested to learn more?
Are you a great leader? Do you have strong communication skills? Are you organized? Do you enjoy multi-tasking? We have a job that needs your skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide managers and employees with interpretations of SMM Human Resources policies and federal and state employment laws.
- Recommend improvements to SMM Human Resources policies, employee handbook, and wage and benefit programs as identified.
- Manage the corrective action program providing managers with assistance in determining appropriate correction action for violation of policies.
- Provide employees with assistance in employment-related problems and conflicts. Recommend the Employee Assistance Program as necessary.
- Oversee the employee appeals program.
- Conduct an ongoing exit interview program that identifies sources of employee job dissatisfaction and recommends necessary changes to promote job satisfaction.
- Initiate/revise HR policies and procedures.
- Respond to all unemployment interrogatories and attends all hearings.
- Manage the recruiting and advertising budget in a cost-conscious manner.
- Promote a selection process that identifies those candidates that will best meet the needs of the position.
- Promote professional interviews and ensures that quality reference checks are completed in a timely manner.
- Offer employment to successful candidate in a timely manner at the correct initial rate of pay.
- Administer all aspects of the employment function in a manner that is in compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
- Supervise the maintenance of employee records to promote an orderly employee records system.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Knowledge of theories, concepts, and practices of the Human Resources profession.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal statutes and regulations pertaining to employment/employee relations practices.
- Active listening skills and empathy toward others
- Identify personal learning needs. Seeks opportunity for continued learning.
- Exercise safe judgement in decision making.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's Required
- 4-10 Years Experience
Certification(s): Professional in HR
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.