MRI Tech Part Time, Tacoma, WA
To Apply click here: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=15379401
To enjoy successful employment with TRA-MINW you must exhibit a strong work ethic, conduct yourself with honesty and integrity in all aspects of the position. Be able to conduct business, keeping patients as the central focus, through our values, while always being sensitive to confidentiality. Accuracy, professionalism, thoroughness and compliance with specifications according to departmental and company expectations are requirements of all positions. Listen to and understand the needs of the patient or customer; use collaborative solutions in problem-solving as appropriate; deliver work products and services in a way that reflect the company’s mission, vision, and values.
Candidate must be proficient with computer applications, with an emphasis on technical systems (Siemens or Hitachi), strong knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, pathophysiology and magnetic resonance physics and ability to multi-task. Candidate must have 3-5 years of experience as a licensed MRI Technologist and must be ARRT certified within one year of employment.
Job Summary: This job is responsible for performing MR functions in accordance with ARRT standards and ethics. Incumbent must be proficient with computer applications, with an emphasis on technical systems, strong knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, pathophysiology, and magnetic resonance physics. MR Technologist performs duties under the general supervision of Site Manager, MRI Modality Specialist and the Radiologist.
Essential Job Functions:
Prepares patients for MR exams with thorough explanations of the procedures and clear instructions.
- Obtains a thorough patient history as it related to the exam to be completed.
- Accurately implements the orders of the referring physician, producing images with minimum repeatability.
- Performs IV punctures.
- Performs necessary computer functions associated with patient exam. (PACS)
- Keeps work area and patient exam areas neat and stocked with appropriate supplies.
- Participates in orientation and in-service training for personnel.
Check work email daily.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- HIV/AIDS course required, to have a State license.
- Able to apply IV principles under the scope of Radiologic Technologists.
- Must have valid Washington State Radiologic Technologist Certification,
- Must be BLS trained.
Provides patient care in accordance with the mission statement of TRA-MINW.
- Maintains high standards regarding the accurate recording of patient information.
- Presents high quality images and pertinent patient history to radiologist for interpretation.
- Requires effective oral and written skills
- Maintains a professional demeanor with confidentiality.
- Is prompt and efficient with minimal absences.
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with co-workers and ensures proper patient care and efficient workflow.
Ability to manage multiple tasks and carry out instructions effectively.
Work is classified as moderate in physical requirements. Must be able to support or lift patients of varying weight. Ability to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Also requires manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard. Possible exposure to communicable disease. Ability to see within normal range.
Work requires high attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity towards confidential information is also required.
Work environment consists of normal office or administrative working conditions. There may be exposure to communicable diseases. There will be limited exposure to ionizing radiation if working at multi-modality sites