Director - Surgical Services Department, Aberdeen, WA
Grays Harbor Community Hospital
May 9, 2017
SURGICAL SERVICES DIRECTOR
Department: Surgical Services
Status: Full Time 1.0
Schedule: Day Shift
- Responsible for the administration and supervision of designated units, including Operating Room, Anesthesia, Central Sterile, Day Surgery, Post Anesthesia Recovery Room, and Special Procedures.
- Duties include overall planning and organizing of activities and staffing on the unit; hiring, maintaining, disciplining and firing of personnel; collaborating with other departments, physicians and the community; and participating in the financial management of the department including budgetary planning, equipment/supplies procurement and expense monitoring and responsibility.
- This is a 24 hour, seven day a week responsibility for the functioning of the department and is a member of the nursing administrative team.
- This position is responsible for developing, reviewing and revising all policies and procedures relevant to the departments.
- WA state RN license,
- BSN required, Masters preferred, CNOR preferred;
- Minimum five years clinical experience;
- Minimum three years demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience.
- Competency in effective perioperative management of patients.
FTE = Full Time Equivalent
1.0 FTE - Days