Marketing & Sales Specialist, Tacoma, WA
Position Title: Marketing & Sales Specialist
Reports To: Marketing & Sales Manager
Department Name: Marketing
FLSA Code: Non Exempt
To enjoy successful employment with TRA-MINW you must exhibit a strong work ethic, conduct yourself with honesty and integrity in all aspects of your position. Be able to conduct our business, keeping patients as our central focus. Stay familiar with and adhere to company Standards of Behavior and Code of Conduct Policy while always being sensitive to confidentiality. Understand that accuracy, professionalism, thoroughness and compliance with specifications according to departmental and company expectations are requirements of your position. You must listen to and understands the needs of the patient or customer, whether inside or outside the company and respond to those needs; uses collaborative solutions in problem-solving as appropriate; delivers work product and services in a way that reflects the company’s mission, vision, and values.
The Marketing and Sales Specialist is responsible for the development and execution of a business plan in a defined field territory for the purpose of growing patient referrals for a large physician practice. The position is responsible for building strong customer relationships to gain patient referral loyalty; assisting with corporate marketing program planning development and execution; and the management of a customer relations program. The Marketing Specialist is an outside sales person responsible for the business planning and tactics rollout for a breast health program for the purpose of growing mammography screening patient referrals. This position requires customary and regular engagement away from TRA-MINW facilities. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing vendors, building strong customer relationships to gain screening referrals; and the development and management of a customer relations program. The Marketing Specialist must have the interpersonal and communication skills to work in ambiguous situations and to work professionally with internal and external customers as complaints, issues, and concerns arise. Impeccable customer service skill set, excellent written communication skills, time management and extensive working experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and database software are essential.
The Marketing and Sales Specialist must have the interpersonal and communication skills to work in ambiguous situations and to work professionally with internal and external customers as complaints, issues, and concerns may arise. An impeccable customer service skill set, excellent written communication skills, and extensive working experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and database software are essential.
Essential Job Functions:
- Schedule physician office visits for a physician program and develop opportunities to initiate and then manage ongoing subspecialty clinical case conferences.
- Collaborate with the marketing staff in the development of customer programs and collateral.
- Generate, monitor, and maintain a detailed CRM program database and generate reports as required.
- Provide required and defined customer follow up.
- Develop strong customer relationships and loyalty with medical office staff and identify, report, manage and drive to resolution any customer issues, concerns and complaints.
- Assist in the execution of various marketing and advertising program tactics including occasional evening and weekend marketing events.
- Monitor and maintain marketing collateral inventories.
- Provide input for continuously improving program processes for assigned programs, tactics and tasks.
- Assist with other marketing programs, tactics and rollout as needed.
- Assist in the knowledge and training of marketing staff.
- Check work email daily.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years’ experience, preferably within healthcare, in a field based marketing/sales position selling a tangible product and/or service is required.
- Management of a customer relations program designed for documenting customer relationship information for monitoring and increasing sales/services.
- A Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, PR/Communications, or related field is required.
- Solid Microsoft Office experience with Excel and Word and the knowledge and ability to learn and actively use additional database and related software is required.
- Experience developing and rolling out marketing programs and projects.
- Experience working in a field team environment.
- Proven track record of excellent verbal and written communication skills for building strong and loyal customer relationships within and for an organization.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple customer service, marketing, sales, and communication program tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill sets for daily email, telephone, and face to face customer relationship building for understanding customer issues and for driving internal issues resolution across the company for maintaining and increasing business opportunities.
- Ability to input accurate and reliable customer information into a marketing customer database.
- Ability to generate and analyze marketing database reports as required through the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and other database software programs.
- Proven skill set for handling ambiguity and adverse situations surrounding customer service issues and driving them to resolution.
- Possess impeccable attention to detail and accuracy and have necessary discretion and ability to keep confidences.
Current driver’s license valid in the State of Washington is required and the ability to operate a motor vehicle during business hours.
Work is classified as moderate in physical requirements. Position requires the ability to lift/carry 1-10 pounds frequently, occasionally 20 pounds maximum. Position requires continuous sitting and eyestrain for long periods of time. Also requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment as necessary.
Work requires high attention to detail and the ability to handle mentally stressful situations. The ability to maintain high level of sensitivity towards confidential information is also required.
Work environment consists of normal office or administrative working conditions.