Licensed Mental Health Clinician, Fresno, CA
COUNTY OF FRESNO
invites applications for the position of:
LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN
SALARY: $31.19 - $37.51 Hourly
$2,495.00 - $3,001.00 Biweekly
$5,405.83 - $6,502.17 Monthly
$64,870.00 - $78,026.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 03/15/17
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
- 2.5% Salary Increase effective 07/03/2017
- Salary details once all increases take effect:
- $66,508 - $79,976 Annually
- Promotional Opportunities (salaries as of 7/3/17):
- Sr. Licensed Mental Health Clinician ($68,796 - $88,010), Utilization Review Specialist ($76,804 - $92,352), Clinical Supervisor ($80,470 - $96,798), and other Advanced Classifications
APPLY IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE ONLY
The Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health invites applications for the position of Licensed Mental Health Clinician. Incumbents provide professional behavioral health services including case management, rehabilitation, individual, family, and group therapy and counseling to identified adults and children with mental, emotional and/or substance use disorders. Depending on licensure, incumbents provide professional behavioral health services in accordance with State of California laws and regulations.
Please note: The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill both extra-help and permanently allocated positions. Individuals selected for extra-help appointment may be transitioned to a permanently allocated position at a later date as authorized by the Fresno County Personnel Rules.
Positions in this classification are in Medical Group I - Light Physical Activity. This group includes positions which require only light physical effort and may include lifting of small, light objects and some bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching. Considerable walking or standing may be involved.
Eligible candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
SAMPLES OF DUTIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
License: Valid Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist License issued by the State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Possession of a valid Class "C" driver's license, or equivalent, may be required.
TO PREVENT THE DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION, PLEASE NOTE:
- Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and filing requirements for this position by the filing deadline.
- A completed Fresno County employment application is required (must be current, complete and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Resumes and attachments are not accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- This position requires possession of a valid California Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist license. Please provide your applicable license number on your application. Failure to list this information will result in the disqualification of your application.
- Please fully list your education/work experience; including current position. Failure to list current, complete and accurate education/work experience within the job application (including employment with the County of Fresno) will result in the disqualification of your application.
Depending upon the number of applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and filing requirements, applicants may be scheduled for the process listed below:
- Oral Examination - An oral examination includes a panel consisting of at least two members within a similar field of expertise as the vacancy. Candidates are asked structured questions and must respond orally to allow the panel to evaluate the specific qualifications of each applicant.
Successful candidates will be placed on an employment list, effective for a minimum of 3 months (the employment list established may be extended for an additional 12 months) and certified in final rank order.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Fresno County Employment Application (must be current, complete, and accurate; amendments will not be allowed after the filing deadline).
- Supplemental Questionnaire.
Application materials must be submitted online only via our website by the closing date and time of this recruitment. Applications submitted via U.S. mail, in person in our office, email or fax will not be accepted. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted online only. An online application can be found at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/fresnoca.
Open Job Information Flyer and click "Apply" to begin the online application process. Failure to complete the job application or failure to follow the application instructions may result in the disqualification of the applicant. Amendments will not be accepted after the filing deadline.
Once the filing date has passed you may check the status of this recruitment at any time by logging on to https://secure.governmentjobs.com/js_login.cfm?&TopHeader=fresnoca.
Please be advised that it is the applicant's responsibility to notify Human Resources of any mailing address and telephone number changes. Notices sent via U.S. mail from Human Resources are not forwarded ("Return Service" is requested, therefore, mail will not be sent to a forwarding address).
The County of Fresno is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Fresno County to provide employment opportunity for all qualified persons. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, or denial of medical and family care leave, or any other non-job-related factor.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS - The County of Fresno is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Qualified individuals with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation during the application, examination or selection process may contact Human Resources at (559) 600-1830 at least five days prior to the scheduled date or deadline.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Analyst: Keisha Ammonds
County of Fresno, Human Resources
Employment Services Division
2220 Tulare St., 14th Floor
Fresno, CA 93721
LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN
LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN Supplemental Questionnaire
- This position requires possession of a valid California Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist license. Please provide your applicable license number below. Failure to list this information will result in the disqualification of your application.