Clinic Administrator, Kirkland, WA
Job Title Clinic Administrator
Department EvergreenHealth Heart & Vascular Care
Date posted 04/27/2017
Hours 40 hrs/wk
Salary Offers Competitive Wage & Generous Benefit Package
EvergreenHealth is one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2017...ranking it among the nation's Top 5% of hospitals.
At EvergreenHealth Heart & Vascular Care we bring together clinically sophisticated, comprehensive care for the heart, veins, and arteries with a highly-trained, compassionate staff who are committed to our patients, ensuring that they have the best experience with the best outcomes.
Through our cardiologists, patients have access to the full continuum of care for cardiac evaluation, diagnostic testing, and intervention for virtually all cardiac conditions – from stress tests, to nuclear cardiology, to angioplasty, to rehabilitation.
Manages the day-to-day operations and profit and loss of the Cardiology and Vascular clinics, including Business office, physicians/staff management, patient scheduling, patient flow, medical records, supply ordering and complaint resolution. Also manages the daily scheduling of patients for Evergreen Cardiovascular Imaging Center.
Essential Job Functions:
- Achieves budgeted expenses and revenue on a monthly and annual basis. On an annual basis, develops revenue and expense projections for multiple departments and capital budgets within EvergreenHealth guidelines.
- Ensures multiple offices and personnel are in compliance with EvergreenHealth policies. Ensures operation is in regulatory compliance with all governing agencies or bodies (OSHA, J C, Medicare, HIPAA etc.). Responsible for the timeliness, accuracy and security of patient medical records within multiple offices.
- Responsible for ensuring staff are trained in proper PMSI use and newly implemented EMR processes and procedures.
- Promotes a continuous quality improvement culture and follows through on projects from design through completion, learning and next steps, in conjunction with the medical director(s) and executive director, Clinical QI specialists, Clinical Informatics Specialist and others as appropriate.
- Responsible for CQI indicator monitoring, data collection and reporting.
- Teams with physicians to ensure multiple clinics are operating at peak efficiency.
- Coordinates with primary care and other specialty managers to ensure a seamless referral process and maximize system integrity.
- Monitors and when necessary, develops improvement plans to increase patient satisfaction for multiple clinics.
- Provides oversight and initiates strategies and goals to ensure an effective and efficient revenue cycle.
- In coordination with division leadership and EvergreenHealth Strategic Priorities, develops growth strategies for multiple specialties and clinics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, business or clinical area, or 10 yrs equivalent/experience
- 5 years of management experience in a health care setting, preferably in a cardiology clinic
- Experience and knowledge in managing multiple outpatient medical departments or physician practices
- Experience managing a patient accounting and health plan referral process
- Knowledge of the healthcare revenue cycle including familiarity with reimbursement methodologies, coding and CDM, charge capture, and billing processes.
- Possess a clear understanding of various reimbursement methodologies with knowledge of all payer billing requirements.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
DESIRED for the position:
- Master's degree (e.g. MBA, MHA)
- Training in Lean or Six Sigma
- Project and change management experience