Manager, Enrollment Services, San Francisco, CA
Manager, Enrollment Services
Job ID 2017-1065
Job Locations US-CA-San Francisco
Category Policy Development & Coverage Programs
Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job
Established in 1997, San Francisco Health Plan (SFHP) is a an award winning, managed care health plan whose mission is to provide affordable health care coverage to the underserved low and moderate-income residents in San Francisco county. San Francisco Health Plan is chosen by eight out of every ten San Francisco Medi-Cal managed care enrollees and its 145,000+ members have access to a full spectrum of medical services including preventive care, specialty care, hospitalization, prescription drugs, and family planning services. SFHP was designed by and for the residents it serves, and takes great pride in its ability to accommodate a diverse population that includes young adults, seniors, and people with disabilities.
The Manager is responsible for directing and managing all enrollment services provided at the San Francisco Health Plan’s (SFHP) Service Center. SFHP is a Medi-Cal managed care plan with over 130,000 Medi-Cal members, and provides Third Party Administrator (TPA) services to the San Francisco Department of Public Health for Healthy San Francisco (HSF), the SF City Option program and the Healthy Kids (HK) program.
The position oversees a team (10-12) providing application and enrollment services to SFHP members, program enrollees and clients seeking health-related services in multiple languages. The Manager is responsible and accountable for all day-to-day Service Center activities and operations, as well as direction, decision making and measurement of service levels to ensure high quality service.
The candidate for this position will be highly organized with proven experience in an operational client-facing and service-oriented role. She/He will possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be experienced in establishing and enforcing operational policies and processes that align with regulatory requirements, as well as program and organizational goals.
The ideal candidate for this position will have prior experience in a healthcare setting and demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness in a health care enrollment environment that is consistently changing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversees and coordinates the daily operations and maintenance of the SFHP Service Center, including client and appointment management, front desk reception, and the coordination and triage of customer service functions.
- Ensures accurate and efficient delivery of SFHP’s enrollment & eligibility services including application assistance and health coverage eligibility navigation for Medi-Cal, CalFresh, Medicare, Healthy Kids, Covered California and other health coverage programs.
- Partners with San Francisco government agencies administering health coverage programs to align Service Center services to existing enrollment and eligibility practices.
- Fosters and develops a high-performing team ensuring staff are adequately trained and certified according to their job responsibilities and requirements.
- Identifies critical issues and trends, makes recommendations, and provides guidance and counsel to senior management on issues and concerns and status of initiatives.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree in health-related field preferred.
- 5+ years of related work experience; minimum of 2 years of management experience in a health or social services program environment.
- At least 2 years of experience managing and developing subordinates of diverse backgrounds, promoting teamwork and encouraging innovative ideas.
- Bilingual capability in Spanish or Cantonese desired.
- Successful completion of the Covered California certification and training within 90 days of hire.
- Knowledge of the delivery of health care services in San Francisco, and publicly-funded health care programs in California is desired.
- Ability to create a positive and healthy work environment for a team of employees with a range of experiences and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills to multi-lingual and multi-level audiences, e.g., members, participants, providers, staff, management, community-based organizations and external agencies.
- Exemplary interpersonal and customer service skills. Consistently demonstrates professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy in interactions with community members and organizational representatives from different backgrounds and interests.
- Demonstrates good judgment, organization, and time management skills.
- High proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook). Competency in Microsoft Visio and SharePoint preferred.
San Francisco Health Plan is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.