Grants Manager, Los Angeles, CA
Effectively prepares monthly/quarterly/yearly grant reports & invoices, cost reports and reconciliations for all current and new grants. Provides program data for reports and annual cost reporting for all government, private foundation and corporate grant programs. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of budgets for all such programs including budget amendments. Provides program and financial analysis data for grant concept papers, LOIs, and applications. Coordinates, prepares documentation and conducts grant program and financial Audits. Prepares analysis of program data requirements, and budget projections and recommends course of action to take for directors. Is the main administrative support for the AltaMed Institute for Health Care Disparities.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times, to internal and external customers.
- Meets invoicing and/or billing deadlines.
- Prepares detail listing of all grants to include staffing, grant compliance requirements, term of grant, amount of grant, contact people, reapplication schedule, and the schedule of all required reports including budget amendments to adequately monitor reporting compliance.
- Be judgmental in billing line items and show understanding of expense classifications and groupings such that line items are billed (e.g. bill pager rental to telephone expense and not equipment rental, etc.).
- Utilizing MIP, performs quarterly review of grant billings to ascertain all items were billed and to ascertain that adjustments or new items posted were properly billed.
- Provide monthly reports to directors regarding program and budget compliance status including discrepancies of personnel allocations between ADP and budgets. Follow up on any issues through to resolution.
- Set up and monitor all aspects of grant funded personnel, with notification to management & individual as to grant responsibilities, notification to payroll department for appropriate allocation of hours, notification to granting agency of any changes in staff during grant period
- Coordinates routine meetings with operations personnel involved in grant deliverables to ensure accuracy and consistency of program objectives.
- Follow up with granting agencies on delinquent payment of invoices. Establish contact person and alternative contact persons and follow up in writing if necessary until collection is accomplished
- Prepares reports to include spending projections through year end, after the sixth and ninth through twelve month to help resolve budget under spending or overruns. Makes recommendations for program changes or cost reductions or spending to maximize budget usage.
- Coordinate with Corporate staff to provide the monthly listing of “Schedule of Grants Receivable” showing payment status.
- Continue to foster good working relationships with managers, peers and contracting agency personnel and maintain discretion of financial, particularly payroll, information.
AltaMed is one of the nation’s largest community health networks. For more than 45 years, we have provided care to patients in the diverse neighborhoods of Los Angeles and Orange counties. For health care professionals committed to their patients, communities and careers, AltaMed is an excellent opportunity to pursue professional goals with pride and distinction.
AltaMed is a non-profit organization, focused on the needs of our patients and the well-being of our communities. Our commitment to community health compels us to look beyond the walls of our offices and clinics and see not just patients, but new possibilities for community wellness. We have many employees who joined us because their families were AltaMed patients and experienced firsthand that our patients are at the center of all we do.
This approach is helping us meet our ambitious goals. We are continually accredited by The Joint Commission (JCAHO), an organization that ensures quality standards in U.S. medical facilities. We’re the first community health network in the nation to have been designated as a Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH). We’re extremely proud of our achievements in patient satisfaction, with our highest scores accomplished during our period of greatest growth. We’ve expanded to 46 Southern California locations, offering primary medical, dental and senior care. We’re active in community outreach and education. And our offices are proudly staffed by dedicated professionals committed to patient care.
Continuously looking for ways to do more for more people, AltaMed is leading the industry in bringing new people into our nation's health care system as the top enroller for Covered California. As we continue to grow, we remain at the forefront of evolving health care systems, serving patients with comprehensive care throughout their entire lives. And we will build on our reputation as a rewarding long-term decision for both patients and professionals who believe that quality health care is everyone’s right.
Accounting degree or equivalent is preferred, though 5 years of comparable work experience will be accepted.
Apply online: https://careers-altamed.icims.com/jobs/4596/grants-manager/job?mode=job&iis=Job+Posting&iisn=LinkedIn&mobile=false&width=959&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420