Manager Inpatient Pharmacy, Euclid, OH
MANAGER INPATIENT PHARMACY
LOCATION: EUCLID, OH
FACILITY: EUCLID HOSPITAL
PROFESSIONAL AREA: PHARMACY
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
Manages the daily operation of inpatient pharmacy services. Identifies, develops and implements innovative, systematic and timely solutions to improve quality.
- Identifies customer needs and facilitates meeting those needs utilizing continuous process improvement techniques.
- Identifies and proposes practical solutions to technical, professional, personnel or procedural problems affecting daily workflow.
- Ensures that the department is adequately staffed with properly trained personnel.
- Establishes work assignments and schedules.
- Participates in the development of operational and clinical program activities.
- Promotes and develops the clinical activities of pharmacy staff through counseling, training and teaching.
- Trains and instructs employees as to their duties.
- Coordinates orientation and training of new employees in job functions and responsibilities.
- Monitors financials and other pertinent statistics.
- Assists with evaluations of financial performance.
- Maintains records of narcotics, poisons, and habit-forming drugs received in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Pharmacy degree with current state license and MS, MBA, PharmD and/or residency preferred.
- Current State licensure as a Registered Pharmacist (RPh) or eligible for reciprocation in current State within 90 days of hire.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Within the scope of the job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Three years clinical Pharmacy experience, including at least one year leadership experience.
- MS Residency may substitute for required experience.
- Physical demands include periods of standing and walking.
- Dexterity sufficient to perform computer functions and communication via telephone.
- May be required to lift and transport up to ten pounds.
- Requires normal or corrected vision.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.