CH Critical Care Transport RN, Sacramento, CA
The Children's Hospital Critical Care Transport Program provides highly specialized interfacility transport of critically ill and injured neonates, infant and children. Our team is the only dedicated Children's Transport Program in Northern California that is available 24/7.
The Pediatric Transport team works under the transport order to set and employ standardized procedures pertaining to the application of life saving measures prior to and during transport. The Children's Hospital Critical Care Transport Nurse directs and monitors nursing care of patients transported by fixed wing aircraft, rotor wing aircraft, ground ambulance or in-house transport and assumes responsibility for such care.
Participates in staff education through precepting and provision of in-services. Demonstrates leadership skills and the ability to problem solve on a broad level. Works within the clinical scale of the Job Performance Standards; responsibly performs a wide range of duties as allowed by the Nurse Practice Act. Applies experience and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations, initiates/participates in patient education.
- Recent paid RN experience in Pediatric / Neonatal Intensive Care
- Internal Candidate: BSN required or in progress. External candidate: BSN required
- Possession of valid California RN license
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current CPR Certification
- PALS Certification required
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification within six months of hire
- Certification in Pediatric or Neonatal Critical Care Nursing within one year of hire
- Must complete a course in trauma, emergency or transport nursing with pediatric content within 12 months of employment
- Transport experience preferred
- ACLS strongly preferred
Ability to work overtime, float to other areas and work weekends. THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
To apply for this position, please click here or copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: