Care Coordination Technician I, South San Francisco, CA
CARE COORDINATION TECHNICIAN I
(***TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE***)
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Care Coordination Technician I to serve as a member liaison, providing assistance with care management for HPSM members. The essential duties & responsibilities will include the following:
- Handle requests for care coordination, assessing the request, the member’s needs, and facilitating appropriate interventions and follow up.
- Administer Health Risk Assessment survey to members as needed.
- Prepare care plans for members for presentation at interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Assist members with appointments for specialists, educational classes, and transportation.
- Work with healthcare providers to coordinate and share plans of treatment.
- Perform data entry of medical information; maintain census tracking and reports.
- Assist Care Coordination Case Managers and staff to coordinate members’ appointments, equipment, social services, and home health needs.
- Ensure appropriate confidentiality of data and findings.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Two (2) years health care experience and/or a Bachelor’s degree in health services or a similar field. Experience working with the health needs of the population served. Experience as a Medical Assistant or Licensed Vocational Nurse is a plus.
Knowledge of: Care management, Medi-Cal, and Medicare benefits as well as the complexities of working with the elderly and disabled population. Community resources.
Ability to: Work efficiently with a variety of people. Gain consensus and resolution of problems. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Work independently with limited supervision.
Starting Compensation Range: Between $20.99/hour - $28.86/hour - depending on experience.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s coverage in the medical HMO plan and majority of PPO medical cost. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: email@example.com or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE