Manager-Patient Service Center, Vancouver, WA
The Vancouver Clinic is the largest multi-specialty physician practice group in SW Washington where the professional staff builds lifetime relationships with our patients. We have over 250 providers and 1000 employees. Located in Vancouver, Washington just across the river from Portland, Oregon. We enjoy close access to a bustling suburban area and nearby mountains, ocean beach, and great school systems. We have been serving the SW Washington community for 80 years! We seek those who strive for excellence in patient care, seek challenges, embrace teamwork, and those who go out of their way to help others be successful.
Manager-Patient Service Center
Are you seeking a career with a health system that is on the move? Can you picture yourself in a career at a state-of-the-art clinic facility? Would you like to join a practice that has been serving the community of SW Washington for 80 years? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, check out this opportunity!
This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned call center leader to help transform our operations to accommodate historic growth and embed Lean improvement principles and practices. Helps define the strategy, structure, guiding principles, processes, measures, success factors, and standard work that will result in excellent service to our patients and internal customers. Leads our high-volume inbound call center, and 80+ staff and supervisors, delivering excellent patient services. Accountable for patient and employee satisfaction, quality of care, production, accurate and timely patient scheduling, and business continuity. Hires, develops and sustains high-performance work teams that consistently meet or exceed customer service, production, and financial performance targets.
- Develop and implement ‘Excellence in Practice’ in the Patient services center. Meet/ exceed performance targets and standards for patient service center operations.
- Develop operational strategies by incorporating needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; recommend and effectively utilize call center technology.
- As defined by patients, deliver helpful, friendly, responsive fulfillment of call requests, accurate and timely appointment scheduling, communications and call routing.
- Lead teams to achieve industry leading, patient satisfaction and quality of care results.
- Create and maintain employee satisfaction goals and standards, and a respectful culture of participation and accountability, in a fast-pace, demanding environment.
- Manage capacity by incorporating industry best practices to ensure full staffing and business continuity. Plan effectively for anticipated staffing needs to prevent performance gaps.
- Identify candidate pools, select, train, assign, coach, develop, recognize, retain and performance manage top performing employees.
- Develop patient call center systems by optimal use of phone and voice response systems, voice networks and call center technology.
- Maintain and continually improve patient call center operations by continually improving core processes and standard work.
- Report performance progress and issues, and manage daily readiness. Identify and resolve issues quickly.
- Collect, summarize, trend, interpret, and visually depict performance data to guide operational improvement.
- Expert knowledge of call center practices in a high-volume operations with multiple or complex services lines and delivery options, including 24/7 and remote worker programs.
- Drives results by making proactive, timely decisions, establishing priorities setting goals and managing to results.
- Understanding of service center technologies such as CTI, GNAV, CRM, IVR, ACD, VoIP, Monet, workforce planning, and performance tracking systems.
- Proven collaborative leader who recognizes, motivates and inspires team members.
- Possess operational capacity and knowledge of methods to facilitate problem solving, root cause analysis, and implementation of countermeasures.
- Experience using call center systems and technologies effectively.
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using workforce management and scheduling principles.
- Expert understanding and application of call center metrics and visual management preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in business or related field; masters desirable
- 5+ years call center leadership experience (clinical considered but not required)
- 3-5 years minimum inbound, high-volume, call center experience
- Demonstrated success managing 50+ person Call/ Services Center team, and supervisors
- Proficiency in EPIC, Office and Visio
- Experience in Lean organizations and on Lean projects desired; Lean/ Six Sigma certification a plus.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.