School Based Health Center Supervisor - Oakland Tech HS, Oakland, CA
School Based Health Center Supervisor - Oakland Tech HS
Are you eager to join a culture that is able and committed to making a difference in people's lives? La Clinica's vision is to be the premier community health center, rooted in the concepts of wellness, preventions and patient-centered care. In order to achieve our vision, we strive to attract and inspire an engaged workforce that can provide the best patient care experience. We serve low-income families and are committed to providing culturally and linguistically appropriate care regardless of insurance or ability to pay. As a Clinic Supervisor for SBHC, you will have a unique opportunity to work at the top of your skills and licensure in providing critical and seamless support to a team of school based professionals and to interface with a multicultural patient population. The individual in this position is responsible for the oversight of the Youth Heart Health Center serving La Escuelita Elementary School, Met West High School and Dewey Continuation High School. Oversight includes directing the work of all staff at the health center, supervision of La Clinica staff, and building relationships with Alameda County and other collaborating service providers.
- Administratively supervises all SBHC staff, including Human Service Specialists, Billers, Medical Assistants, Case Managers and Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants. Coordinates the efforts of subcontractors and other agencies within the health center. Helps to recruit, hire and train new staff, subcontractors and volunteers.
- Schedules and facilitates regular, effective staff meetings.
- Acts as administrative and operations resource to all health center personnel.
- Administers policies and procedures, and works with the SBHC Manager and Associate Medical Director to revise or develop new policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Associate Medical Director, mental health services provider(s), and La Clinica management to maintain high standards of care, customer service and personnel performance.
- Acts as liaison to county and school administrations, teachers and other service staff. Creates and maintains good working relationships with the schools and community organizations/service providers within and outside the AYC.
- Conducts outreach to students, families, school staff and broader community regarding services provided and student health needs. Actively seeks involvement of youth and families in health center planning, possibly through development of Youth Advisory Board and focus groups.
- Ensures the maintenance of a safe and functional clinic environment, including facilities, equipment, custodial services and information technology. Ensures that necessary certifications and licensure are obtained/maintained (e.g., DHS, CHDP, VFC, CLIA).
- Acts as liaison to Alameda County School-Based Health Center Coalition and UCSF evaluation team. Oversees program evaluation efforts to ensure quality, culturally-competent care is delivered to youth.
- Represents La Clinica with the California School Health Centers Association and various foundations. Conducts local advocacy with local legislators, school board officials, school district personnel, and other individuals/groups.
- Establishes and monitors annual budget, including revenue, expenses and variance.
- Works with SBHC Manager and Planning Department to support fund development for maintaining and expanding service delivery.
- Helps to prepare/submit reports required by funders in an accurate and timely fashion; maintains accurate records for program.
- Seeks to maximize third party revenues through appropriate provider scheduling and other methods.
- Participates in relevant meetings, trainings, and collaborative activities
- Knowledge of the principles, methods and procedures involved in planning, organizing and directing support and auxiliary staff.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills, ability to communicate effectively, and relate congenially to youth, families, school staff, clinic staff and community members, including funders, are essential.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in health field preferred and two to three years minimum experience in a health, education or social services setting in which administrative, management or supervisory competencies have been demonstrated. Experience with creating and monitoring budgets and billing experience are highly preferred.
- Commitment to the principles of adolescent health and youth development.
- Experience providing individual and/or group health education and health promotion preferred.
- Experience working with school-based health centers or in an adolescent health care setting strongly preferred.
Oakland, California, United States
60,486.00 - 60,486.00 USD