Manager, Musculoskeletal Service Line, Truckee, CA
Manager, Musculoskeletal Service Line
As Manager, Musculoskeletal Service Line (MSK), you will oversees all aspects of clinical operations and personnel related to clinical performance and compliance and serves as the liaison between the Musculoskeletal Service Line, other departments and the Hospital System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
- Oversees all aspects of clinical operations and personnel related to clinical performance and compliance.
- Responsible for growth and coordination between departments within the MSK specialty group.
- Supervises all clinical MSK personnel with respect to their clinical performance. Responsible to obtain feedback from supervising physician on clinical performance of NP/PA.
- Develops, oversees and supervises staff to implement and maintain a medication safety program.
- Develops, oversees and supervises staff to implement and maintain a Skills Competency program for all clinical MSK personnel; assures that clinical protocols are written and comply with State and Federal regulations. Collaborates with supervising physician on competency program for NP/PA.
- Supervises and trains clinical staff responsible for licensure readiness.
- Investigates and reports on all clinical issues.
- Responsible for ensuring clinical education of all MSK personnel.
- Develops and trains on department-specific policies and procedures pertaining to clinical operations.
- Performs systems analysis of clinical systems.
- Assures that all licenses required for clinic operations are secured timely and displayed as required.
- Assists physicians in the management of a Quality Improvement program as approved by the Quality Department of the hospital.
- Demonstrates System Values in performance and behavior.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Carries out supervisory responsibility in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participating in the interviewing, hiring and training of clinical employees; provides input into performance appraisals; may reward and discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Job classifications reporting to this individual include but may not be limited to all Mid-Level Providers (Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants, Supervising Physician will have input into appraisal process), MSK Clinical staff (Medical Assistants, Back Office Assistants, RNs and LVNs), and Lead.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree preferred or relative experience. Clinical background strongly preferred (MA, RN).
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS: If applicable, active RN or MA credentials.
OTHER EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS: Understating of back office orthopedic clinic strongly preferred.