Director of Education, Bremerton, WA
Olympic Peninsula Kidney Centers is a non-profit kidney dialysis organization committed to serving chronic kidney disease patients in the community by the provision of high quality patient care, readily available and specific to their needs. We have five clinics which are located in Bremerton, Poulsbo, Port Orchard, and Port Townsend. The Director of Education will facilitate the training and competency programs for staff and education programs for patients. This will include the development and administration of training programs, checklists, staff competency exams, and continuing education programs.
The position requires knowledge of a wide range of nursing concepts in order to serve as a consultant to the Interdisciplinary team to attain and maintain optimum quality and appropriateness of care in accordance with standards of practice, performance, and state and federal requirements.
Education, Experience, Qualifications and Licenses
Graduation from an accredited nursing school; BSN preferred.
Advanced knowledge of renal function and therapies; maintains a current evidence- based knowledge regarding ESRD, treatment and current practices in dialysis and uses this knowledge to act as a resource for the clinical staff.
Knowledge and competencies in general nursing with expanded training and knowledge in the care of the renal patient.
3 to 5 years of experience as a Nephrology Nurse with dialysis experience required; a combination of in-center, acute, peritoneal and home hemodialysis highly preferred.
Experience in adult education and curriculum development preferred.
Valid Unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of Washington.
Current CPR certification.
CNN/CDN Certification preferred (required within 1 year of eligibility).
Instructor CPR certification preferred (required within 6 months of hire).
Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence required.
- Develop and administer training programs, checklists, and staff competency exams.
- Maintain ongoing continuing education programs.
- Serve as consultant to the Interdisciplinary team to attain and maintain optimum quality and appropriateness of care in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Maintain current evidence-based knowledge regarding ESRD, treatment and current practices in dialysis and use knowledge to act as resource to staff.
- Work with leadership in planning programs to identify and meet training needs and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain lesson plans for all programs taught to staff and ensures training records are maintained as required.
- Ensure completion of Skill Checklists of all staff, validating that staff are competent to perform patient care tasks.
- Implement education for new initiatives, area identified in plans of correction, changes in policies or regulatory requirements as needed.
- Develop and maintain relevant clinical education management policies and procedures.
- Develop, schedules, coordinates, and participates in clinical education programs designed to improve employee skills. May conduct education programs or select other qualified individuals or agencies to provide instructions.
- Maintain clinical competency through nephrology literature and their clinical application.
- Understand and interact with internal corporate processes and staff required to create and implement successful patient care programs.
- Support and enhance staff achievement and desire for staff to attain career development goals.
- Develop relationships with area healthcare community to support training initiatives.
- Attend and participate in clinical, staff, and management meetings.
- Develop and maintain relevant educational program for patients.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including paid time off, extended illness bank, medical/dental/vision/life/long term disability insurance, 401(k) with match, and flexible spending account.