Program Manager II - Cath Lab, Columbus, OH
PROGRAM MANAGER II-CATH LAB (JOB ID: 13692)
Come work for an organization where everything matters.
This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position working Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
The Program Manager plans, implements, and evaluates the administrative, supervisory and direct care activities for assigned program team staff. Directs a team of professional and support staff to ensure assessment, planning, provision and evaluation of patient care. Provides leadership for complex programs by communicating goals and strategies, providing direction and priorities and providing enthusiasm and support.
The Program Manager supports, communicates, implements, and enforces the philosophy, mission, values, standards, policies, and procedures of Children’s Hospital and the Patient Care Services Division.
- Recruit, train, evaluate, develop, and as necessary, discipline and/or terminate subordinate staff.
- Manages day-to-day operations of the department. Assures that performance standards for all staff are met.
- Oversees the delivery of patient care by all professional and support staff within the department.
- Develops and implements plans to meet Children's Hospital goals.
- Develops expense and capital budgets for the department.
- Monitors, evaluates and justifies monthly budget expenditures and revenue.
- Schedules resources to provide patient care in a cost effective manner.
- Develops departmental policies and procedures and participates in the review of other Children’s Hospital policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensures the orientation of department personnel to role functions, policies and procedures and information systems. Assists and directs staff in the identification of their own learning needs and assists staff in meeting those needs.
- Coordinates staff representation on departmental, hospital and community task forces, committees, quality teams and advisory groups. Serves as a representative to such groups when appropriate.
- Promotes teamwork by building a team environment and fostering cross functional collaboration.
- Accountable for the quality improvement and safety initiatives for area(s) of responsibility.
- Implements and supports clinical research projects as appropriate.
- Collaborates with clinical faculty in planning and coordinating student clinical experiences.
- Coordinates networking and continuing education opportunities covering clinical, diversity, research, and inter-department awareness.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Currently licensed as a Radiologic Tech or Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- MS required; if BSN must obtain MS in 2 years. Work requires a level of knowledge equivalent to that obtained by completing a master’s degree program in nursing, hospital administration, business administration, or closely related field.
- Three-five years of clinical experience in area of expertise desirable. Cath Lab experience strongly preferred. OR, Interventional Radiology or Perioperative experience will be considered.
- Supervisory skills required to plan, assign, and evaluate the work of subordinate staff. Analytical skills required to oversee and organize the work of others, and to develop and administer sound policies, procedures, budgets, and multidisciplinary practices required.
To learn more and apply visit https://careers.nationwidechildrens.org