Dental Assistant (Multiple Locations), Seattle Area, WA
Dental Assistant II
Full-time at Bothell, WA · Kent, WA · Tukwila, WA
** Monday through Friday or Wednesday through Saturday!**
Dental Assistant II is responsible for patient preparation, chair side support to dental providers, dental hygienist, sterilization and clinic flow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and prepare patients for exams by identifying patient’s chief complaint and taking vitals.
- Access and update patient information in Electronic Dental Record (EDR) and Electronic Practice Management (EPM) computer system as required.
- Provide chair side assistance to dental providers with exams and procedures including, but not limited to, prophylaxis, root canals, restorative, crowns and bridges.
- Perform digital imaging, prophylaxis, sealants, provide telephone refilling of medications. Record medication refills in patient record.
- Provide instructions to patients on the use of medications as directed by the provider.
- Provide instruction in home care and give general health information as directed by a provider.
- Sterilize used equipment, instruments and operatories following OSHA, WISHA guidelines. Prepare and stock operatories at the start and throughout each day.
Education and/or Experience
- Certificate from accredited Dental Assistant program and a minimum of 1 to 2 years of dental assistant experience.
Licenses or Certificates
- Current Dental Assistant registration/licensure with the State of Washington.
Spanish & Somali Speakers encouraged to apply