Bryant, Emerson & Fitch
Health care is one of the most dynamic and highly-regulated industries in America. Our firm works hard to understand the complex environment in which health care is provided, and to translate our understanding into legal advice that makes sense to our health care clients. Some of the hospital and health care law topics that we regularly address include:
- Health care fraud and abuse rules, including the Stark and Anti-Kickback laws and regulations;
- Medical records privacy and security rules, including HIPAA and its regulations, as well as state laws governing the use and sharing of medical information;
- Treatment rules, including EMTALA and Joint Commission standards;
- Credentialing matters;
- Hospital joint ventures, including business considerations affecting their formation and legal considerations affecting their continued viability;
- Tax-exemption rules affecting the activities and affiliations of charitable health care providers.